The Castle Da Mare
Rogliano, capital of the manor San Colombano.
Rogliano therefore, is a beautiful village of Cap Corse, composed of several hamlets which rise above the marine Macinaggio. This former Pagus Aurelianus has long been the capital of the Lordship of San Colombano the hands of lords Genoese, the DA MARE. Their castle, built in 1198, leaves us with its majestic ruins on a hilltop in the foothills: dungeon, tanks, so imposing city walls since 1554, when it was demolished by the Genoese.
And it's coming back from the inauguration of the Suez Canal, the Empress Eugenie, made a stopover in Macinaggio improvised, and went on foot to Rogliano, the wish of one of his sailors who had been humble request to go say hello to his mother, resident of the hamlet Magna. The road was then in poor condition, and it is the Church that the Empress stopped, without having the courage to continue another kilometer to reach Magna. She donated the Holy Table, elegant marble balustrade Carara. And she offered an embroidered handkerchief to each of the girls came to welcome him on this cold night on the church square.
Ever since the road from Macinaggio in Rogliano is called "path of the Empress."
Giacomo Da Mare, powerful Lord worried the salvation of his soul, will leave in 1520 for all its land to build a monastery and melted all his coins, jewelry and gold to make chalices and cruets ...
The brotherhood, or Sainte Croix Church
On the death of his cousin Giacomo Santo Da Mare, Jacques Negroni wanted the tomb of Da Mare, now the Church of St Agnel was forever closed. He then built a new church across the street to serve as his tomb and his descendants, and it was the first to be buried there in January 1592.
The St Agnel Church
Agnel was a priest monk of the sixth century, crusading against the infidel, and was the first to fight barbarism in Corsica. In 1510 the Roglianais build their church and put themselves under the protection of St. Agnel, in the hope of being safe from barbarian invasions ... This church was enlarged in the eighteenth century and enriched by sculptures and paintings ...
The Towers of monitoring
The village was more often than not the prey of Barbary, flourished in the sixteenth and seventeenth century a dozen round towers for surveillance. The square towers built within the residential land used to notables and enabled people to take shelter in case of attack ...
In this landscape is happily invite the remains of windmills on the hills, buildings round, beheaded, which may remind us of the watchtowers .... Just imagine the happy effect that could occur when these mills were turning in the wind!
The Palace of Americans
In this setting of Renaissance and medieval ruins, stand out, great, the mighty square houses of Americans .... At the end of the nineteenth century, many heading corsins migrate to Central America to survive. Some good deals are made and sent dollars to the construction of large houses with beautiful and often as majestic tomb. People turned to the Genoese for the construction of these buildings where the style "house and Italian garden"
Mattei Mill Sainte Croix Church Rogliano Corse A mill and wind turbines in Rogliano Corsica Sainte Marie Tower Macinaggio Sant Agnellu Tower Rogliano village in Cap Corsica The three peaks Rogliano The lion's mouth in Rogliano